Pages

Saturday, February 12, 2011

Day 34

10:00 AM

I have to mark this day in my calendar. Class number 34, an early morning one. What a class... Without a doubt, the worst yoga class that I can remember; not only during this journey, but since I started doing yoga. It was upside down from the beginning to the end. I had to rush to practice because I had things to do, then I had to leave as soon as it was over, again because I had things to take care of. Excuses, excuses... Even with all the rush and hassle, you can have a calm, focused mind. You can be an ocean during the storm; while the storm is raging on the surface, it is absolute peace under the water. Nothing should disturb the peace... I sure wasn't an ocean this morning. Nowhere near it... Balance off, determination nonexistent, just going through the motion... No middle way, no harmonious music. Absolute mental and physical garbage. Waist of time...
Now what do you do...? Nothing, you wake up and go to class again. Embrace the bad class with open arms, and learn from it. You needed it, you asked for it, so use it... Grow, keep walking the path, keep looking up, never turning back. Its just a rainy day... Sun will rise tomorrow...

2:00 PM

Being on this journey I have noticed one thing. My will and determination for the higher purpose in life is increasing every day. I can feel the urge to build on during my journey.  In the past I would do all these practices and meditations right from the start. I would have the entire spiritual path mapped out, and then just follow it. Kind of like the way they do at the zen center. However, now I keep adding new practices along the way. The first step was the yoga classes every day... Then the cravings... Natural body awakening... Now my light is shinning on the inward discipline. Following the eightfold path fully. Mindfulness... Becoming one with the floor and the meditation cushion. Becoming one with the Mala and 108 beads... Get into it deeper than ever before. Really see how far down the rabbit hole I can go. Do it gradually, of course, like I have been travelling on this journey. Strengthen my inward discipline, make it rock solid. But do it the middle way. No straining, harmonious music only... Baby steps...

11:00 AM

Its Saturday night.... Who in the world would sit in front of the computer on a Saturday night...? And blog. Not me....

No comments:

Post a Comment