Pages

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Day 10

10:00 AM

Early yoga class.  Always a tough one for me.  Just in terms of flexibility. Once I go trough the warm up postures, I am fine, and usually full of energy. This was my 10th class in a row. No break. And how does my body feel...? Worse than it felt before starting this journey...  My hamstrings are less flexible, and sore all the time. My lower back, more or less, the same.  Who would have thought that it would be like that?  Normally, it should be the other way around after so many yoga classes. Well it's not...  Now, the funny part is that I am on the right track, this is exactly how my body should feel.  It will feel like I am going backwards for some time, and then eventually the body will open up.  When will this happen though...? Great chance to use the greatest answer of all.  DON'T KNOW.....

2:00 PM

Roles... Why do we play them...?  Why don't we live how we really feel...? Our life is a stage, a massive stage, and all of us have different roles on that stage.  And we play them the best we can.  So there is a role of a successful businessman, a role of independent woman, a role of a wife, husband, mother, father, doctor, teacher...  Roles, roles, roles.  There is a set of so called rules, of how each role should be played, and we follow it blindly.  We don't know why we play these roles, but we play them with passion.  And the worst part is that we identify with them. We think that we are them, and the roles are shaping us on the end. Nobody is fully honest, nobody is real.  Everybody is trying to play a different role.  There is no real connection, because we don't play US.  We don't live from within our real self.  We play and live according to our surroundings...
There is a teacher at this yoga studio who I think doesn't play the yoga teacher role.  I don't know this teacher outside the studio, but while in there and teaching, really seems genuine. Doesn't use the quotes and the motivational tools, which most of the yoga teachers use, just very direct and focused on the postures. Come in, smile, breathe, explain, help people, and then leave.  Very simple. When I asked why is it like that, the response was perfect: " Its just not me..." Its just refreshing to see someone like that in a place where everyone tries to be on some kind of level. ... Independence...  Strive for it all the time... Don't imitate...

11:00 PM

Day 10... Like my friend said they do go quick. I am at the point now where I don't really pay attention to the number. That's probably because I have so many of them left. However, it is slowly turning into just wake up and go. Slowly but surely. Day 10... Just a day...

No comments:

Post a Comment