Pages

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Day 18

10:00 AM


"The teacher that got you into this did a really good thing. Keep FOCUSED! The journey will be worth it. This journey no matter where it takes you was meant for you..."


My anonymous friend said... I can't agree more with the comment. I am fully aware that the teacher who got me into this, did a good thing. She did the best thing actually. And at the perfect time in my life... It was exactly what I needed, no doubt about it. Like I said my true self will love her for it... 
Sometimes when I blog it might seem like I am not fully enjoying this journey... My mind doesn't, that's guaranteed. But true "me" is loving every second of it. And there is nothing that can stop me from continuing down this path. Even if they have to carry me into the studio I will be there every single day...
The vital part of this anonymous comment is "Keep FOCUSED"... Thats the key. That is the fuel needed for my engine to run in the right direction. The pain, boredom, fatigue, they are all distractions. Very powerful distractions. Clear cut FOCUS is the cure for everything. When present, there is no limit, no fear... It is life....


Thank you anonymous.....


2:00 PM


I have to emphasize it again.  Loud and clear... FOCUS IS EVERYTHING... If someone asks me right now what life is, my answer would be simple... Focus... What is our purpose in life?  Our purpose is to focus...
Yesterday, I had a crook in my neck, and it really affected my practice. It wasn't unbearable pain, but it was enough to throw me off. Today, my neck totally locked on me while driving to yoga studio. Sharp pain, impossible to move... So here I am at the yoga studio, about to take my class and I can't move. My initial thought was an obvious one... How in the world am I going to get through class with this pain? It threw me off yesterday, I can only imagine what it's going to do today...
My next thought was the right one.  Just focus and do the best you can... Do what you can do, but make sure you don't forget to breathe. And that was it... The pain was not with me anymore. I felt it throughout the entire class, but it didn't affect ME.... Pain was one side of the coin, and I was the other... I ended up having a great class, even though I had to skip 2 postures because of my neck... 
What is life...?  Focus....


11:00 PM


Day 18 under the rug... A guy at the studio today asked my how do I do it? How do you go every day? I really didn't have a clear answer. I don't really know how... I don't think its all that difficult, to be honest. You just go to class. Thats it... That's all I said...
I mean its not a big deal to go to yoga every day. Its not like I am the first one to ever attempt something like this. Its not a big deal, but it is a deal though... A deal that I am going to enjoy with full lungs. These 18 days brought some fresh air into my life, and I am just getting started.... Connecting, winning battles, breathing, focusing, what else you need in life....? 













No comments:

Post a Comment