Pages

Monday, January 31, 2011

Day 22

10:00 AM

I sleep less... At first I thought that it was just the first week or two, while my body was getting used to constant yoga classes, but three weeks now and nothing has changed. Don't get me wrong, I do get enough sleep, I don't wake up tired or sleepy. Its like I need less sleeping time to get rested and charge my batteries. Last night I stayed up late finishing my office desk project. I went to sleep little after 2 AM and this morning at 7.40 I was wide awake. Didn't have the alarm set or anything, just woke up feeling like I had 8 or 9 hours of sleep. Instead, I slept for 5 and a half hours, and woke up feeling great.... I love early mornings, and being able to wake up early, even though I went to sleep late, is a change I welcome with all my being... I wonder why is it like that, though... Is it because of the constant yoga classes, and the higher energy levels in my body...? There is a research for you....

2:00 PM

22 days... What have I learned...? Did I accomplish anything...? Don't know... Is this " Don't know" a correct answer...? Don't know...
I do now one thing... I look at my life through slightly different eyes. I feel and I react to situations differently. I am not going to say better or worse, that would defeat the whole purpose... My mind is still ruling the kingdom, my Ego is still the main character in the book. But it is different...
What has changed then...? One thing did change, I can feel it, and it manifests in my daily life. One thing that is probably the most important of all, a starting point...
                                                     THE VIEW...

This is the key component in one's life. Everything we do, and don't do, is based on our view. Buddha said:" Right View is the beginning and the end of the eightfold path..." Depending on our view, we will either have rain storm in our life, or a sunny day at the beach. Understanding the truth about our true self, the power of our own Ego, the monkey in our head, will enable us to get a glimpse of that Right View. Accepting things and people as they are, realizing that everybody is suffering, that every being wants to be happy in their own way, one will get a taste of the Right View....
Just a small shift in one's view from "I" to "Others"... Look at the others before you look at yourself. So simple, but for us impossible. We think that we live for the others, and do certain things for the others... Like buying presents for the one we love... We do spend the time and the energy in finding the right present for her/him. We want to surprise her/him, want her/him to feel good and be happy. Once they open the present they love it, give you a kiss, maybe even cry... You feel so good at that moment... You feel so good... You feel.... You....
Exactly... YOU feel good... Even though we love the person, and want him/her to be happy, most of the time we do all these nice things because we feel good... Its subconscious, we are not aware of it...For example, let's say you buy the perfect gift for the one you love, and you know she/he really needs it. Once you give her/him the present, they open it and say:" Thank you..." Then they roll over and go to sleep... No kiss, no hug, no excitement, no tears... Just an honest "Thank you"... Could you honestly sit there and feel great, feel the same way as if they reacted with hugs and kisses...? No you couldn't. A few people yes, but most of us no. We would be devastated, hurt, angry... The "I" didn't get what was expecting to get....
Change the view... Every day, bit by bit... Change it, and enjoy the beach....

11:00

Guess what I did tonight... I went to yoga...

No comments:

Post a Comment