Pages

Friday, January 21, 2011

Day 12

10:00 AM

Days are just rolling... This journey is slowly changing me in some aspects. Sleeping, for instance... I sleep less, I feel that I don't need that much sleep. Even though my sleeping pattern is not the best right now, I feel fully rested the next day. I go to sleep pretty late, but I still wake up earlier every morning, regardless of what time I went to sleep the night before. Earlier, if I would go to sleep late I usually woke up later.  Not now though...
Second thing is that I always have this energy in my belly.  Not a lot of it, but it's just there all the time.  Like a slow fire, burning away. And its a great feeling, one of those feelings that make you wanna shout something stupid while driving your car, or just laugh for no apparent reason. Even last night during the night I woke up to get some water, it was 4 AM, I felt that same energy dancing in my stomach.  It was the middle of the night but I felt ready to do anything, to joke around, to laugh....  At 4 AM...  Normally when one gets up in the middle of the night he/she is half asleep, stumbling to the kitchen, eyes barely open. Weird or not, I was ready to take on the world right at that moment.... Like I said great feeling....  

2:00 PM

Savasana... The final posture in yoga series.  The most demanding posture for an average human. We just have a hard time staying in Savasana, we want to get it over with as soon as possible.  So demanding... By the way, all you do in Savasana is lying on your back and relaxing.  Rejuvenating your body, mind and spirit... That's all, on the floor, eyes closed, totally relaxed... And we just can't do it, we can't wait for the teacher to leave the room so we can leave too... One can't handle not moving, not doing. The monkey in our head starts to dance, and we automatically have to run and find a dance floor for it. Its hard to believe, but for an average human it is easier to run a mile than to sit on the floor, without moving, for 15 min... That is the problem with Savasana, it is just too still...
Yoga practice is all about Savasana.  It is the most important part of our practice. If you think about it, it is the most important posture of our life. To learn to relax, to just be in the moment fully, without doing anything, to just be still.... To grab that monkey by the neck, nail him to the wall, and say: " You are not going anywhere..."

11:00 AM

Another day.... Feeling really good. Body feels terrible, but I feel good. Forget the body, what matters is that I feel good... It is my 12th day so I have the right to be selfish.  Sorry, my body, it will not happen again... Oh yeah, who is feeling good....? Who is feeling what...?
I just love those questions, I truly hope that in my lifetime I will be able to experience them.  Right now they are just it, questions... You can't explain how the orange taste, you can tell the story of what it looks like, what its supposed to taste like, but to get the real taste you have to bite.  You have to chew... So I am still waiting to chew my orange...
In the meantime, continuing to feel good and energized is just great. Feeling like that will only bring more of the same. It is as simple as that, feel good and get more good.  Feel bad and get more bad.  Whatever is the most dominant thought and emotion in your life, you will get more of the same.  It doesn't matter if you want it or not, you think it on a regular basis, you will get it... And the emotion will follow as well.  So one needs to constantly check how she or he feels.  Your emotions are the result of your thoughts. So choose to swim in a pool of good thoughts. As they say in The Secret: " How do you feel right now...?  You feel great...  Good, keep doing the same..."
Really it is that simple..... At times, it seems impossible, but it is very much possible... Everything is possible... Everything...

No comments:

Post a Comment