Pages

Saturday, January 22, 2011

Day 13

10:00 AM

Early class again... New teacher. Its always refreshing to have a new teacher. I liked his style. Lots of corrections, lots of attention to details, to be honest, he corrected me more in one class than the other teachers did in the past 12 days. Very useful tips that will help me in my practice. At the same time, I totally support the other teachers for not making so many corrections. I understand their choice of letting the corrections come to me in my own time, letting my body correct itself. Thats what makes a good yoga studio absolutely priceless. An opportunity to experience various teaching styles, minds and spirits, is something special. Priceless... One's body feels like a vase being molded, carefully molded by more than one pair of hands. In their own way, each pair of hands leaves an imprint in your body and your spirit....
Therefore, I feel deeply grateful for all the teachers that I encounter in my life. Deeply grateful to the teachers who correct my postures frequently, and to the teachers who never say a word to me. They both have equal influence on my body and my mind. The truth is that, during a yoga class, as well as in life, sometimes one needs a correction, and sometimes nothing at all. At times we crave words, other times silence is our food. Words can shape mountains, but silence can move them...  Which one of the two we need more...? If one is blessed to have both, all you can do is smile... Priceless...

2:00 PM

The power of 100 is slowly starting to have an effect on me.  Its creeping up slowly behind the corner, like a shy puppy, but its moving in slowly. I can feel a slight change in my doing and my thinking.  Don't get me wrong I am still thinking, full throttle, but I can feel that its not affecting my emotions as much. I am still a servant, but I can smell a rebellion cooking...
Today, while driving, I had one of those moments that all of us have.  Driving, having a good day, snowing outside... Then the the mind kicks in.  Thinking... About the past, of course, what else. It dives into all kinds of memories, some good and some bad. Most of them bad, because our mind loves the negative world. Our mind enjoys swimming in the pool of negativity, it gives him the strength to exist and feel alive. Thus, here I am driving while my mind is swimming away... And then I noticed a change. After a few minutes of this, I found myself watching this pool party, rather than being in it. Observing the feeling in my stomach, in my chest, and the rest of the body. Moment after, the thoughts were gone.  I had turned on the light, the light of awareness. The brightest light of all. That was enough for my mind to surrender. The pool party was over. It was snowing outside again....

11:00 PM

Today I noticed something...  I haven't blogged about my cravings for some time now. Actually, I didn't mention it since that big battle my mind and I had last week. To tell the truth I don't even think about it anymore. I knew that the big battle was the turning point. Breaking a habit is that simple, just stick with it, and win those little battles first.  The little ones will make you strong enough to win the big one. Once you win that major battle you will have the upper hand. From that point on you will not even look back. If you do look back, you will just smile at it.....  

No comments:

Post a Comment