Pages

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Day 14

10:00 AM

Two weeks of yoga, without a break. Every day.  In the past, I used to feel good about myself after going 4 days in a row. After that, I would take like 3 days off, just to recover. Who would have thought that I will do 14 days in a row... And still have 86 to go...
I was extremely tired towards the end of the class today. Really had to reach deep in order to generate enough energy to finish the class on a good note. Even though I found the energy I needed, I realized that I have to rest more. The night before I went to sleep very late, and woke up early in the morning to go to class.  I did get 7 hours of sleep, but missed the quality sleep, missed the hours that matter the most. It is a fact that sleeping between 12 AM and 3 AM matters the most. Of course, I noticed it in class the next morning... I just felt out of juice, burned out totally. This made me think to add some more challenges to the journey. Waking up  early in the morning, and going to sleep earlier in the evening, are at the top of my list. Constantly adding new challenges to my present one, can only elevate me to a higher level.  Waking up... Going to sleep...

2:00 PM

It is brutally cold outside today. Again, perfect weather to fall into the state of hibernation, and to get into the state of not doing. It is so cold that it is literally impossible to stay outside for longer periods of time. Perfect opportunity to throw in the towel, and say: "Its just too cold..." Stay home and daydream in front of the TV... Just give up...
However, there is the other side of the coin. Smile at the cold and just go... Go do it.  Whatever it is, just do it. It doesn't matter how are you going to do it, just do it. Disregard the weather, you are bigger than that. Walk through that snow with your head high, be a light in a dark room. Become a warrior. Warrior that is in control of every moment. Stop being a puppy, become a master....

11:00 PM

                        " There are no ordinary moments"

I read this in the book a few years ago.  Arguably the strongest statement ever written. If one can understand this through experience, the life would be totally different. There is never nothing going on. Something is always going on, always... Being bored is a mind illusion. Its not real, there is no such thing as being bored.  Being bored means that there is nothing going on.  Same old, same old, nothing new.... Wrong.  Its never same old, no matter how trivial it is.  It is always different, always changing, moving.... There are no ordinary, boring moments. Every moment is exceptional, if we open up and experience it fully. Brushing your teeth, washing dishes, vacuuming, cooking... Exceptional.  Climbing mountains, sky diving, hiking, doing yoga... Exceptional. Drop the mind and the ego for a second, and you will see it. There is no difference between brushing your teeth and climbing mountains...  Its just the mind that makes that difference. It is the mind that sees climbing mountains as an amazing moment, and brushing teeth boring, ordinary moment. To our true self they are the same.  Not amazing, but also not boring.  It is just a moment...  Thats it, just an exceptional moment.... Everything is always changing, every second brings something different. All we have to do is open our true eyes to see it.  See the truth, see that there are no ordinary moments.... They are all exceptional...  Why are they exceptional...? The answer is so simple, and so hard to comprehend... Because they are moments.....

No comments:

Post a Comment