Pages

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Day 16

10:00 AM

It is coming slowly... I can sense it creeping up... I knew that this period was going to come, just didn't know when... And I think in a  few days it will take over, like a hurricane. Blasting full speed. This period will be mu second big test. First one I passed with flying colors, but this second one is going to be greater in strength and volume. The first one was a strong rain storm, the second is the eye of the hurricane. We will see if I am a house made of bricks or dry wall. Am I going to be standing tall in the middle of it, or its going to blow me away like an old umbrella...
What is coming anyway...? What is this big challenge...?
Boredom... My mind is starting to scream "This is boring... Same thing every day..." Even when the class starts I can hear it in my head: " O man here we go again with this..." This is the conflict were the mind is bored and nothing new is going on. My true self is loving it of course, but my true self doesn't talk. It is not loud enough and its not aggresive enough to be heard. My true self is just silent in the background, loving every minute of the  past 16 days... My mind, on the other hand, is louder than life. Always performing at the main stage. Always the leading actor on the scene. And right now my mind is rebelling... I want change... Something different, not yoga every day... I want us to get back to "normal life"...
Which path will I take... Choices... Choices...

2:00 PM

Tired....  Extremely tired after the class today. My practice was very strong and focused, and I felt great throughout the class. However, when I got home I was dead. My legs felt like I was still doing the postures. Knees were a bit sore. Back too. I was spent.... Even so, an hour later, I was able to regain my energy and finish my day efficently. My legs were shaky, knees and back were sore, body was begging for a nap... On the inside I was cruising, loving the feeling... One can be exausted, totally beat, and still find great energy for another push. One more push... And then another one...   Just doing, gives us limitless energy. You want to feel energized, ready to take on the world...?        
GO TAKE ON THE WORLD....

Just sitting at home, going to work and back, where is the energy in that...? Where is the life in that...? When one lives like that, then the only energy he/she can generate is "sit at home and go to work" energy. Nothing else... Living like that paves the way for the famous quote: "I don't feel like doing anything today..." Of course you don't... You never will... Tomorrow will be the same day, all over again....

Go take on the world, NOW.....  Or go take over your bed and a remote.....

11:00 PM

"Substitute Bikram for a different yoga class once in a while! You'll still do yoga every day for 100 days...but who said it had to be the same 26 postures? Spice it up...your body AND your true self will love you for it..."


Excellent comment...  And it is coming from a yoga teacher, so it carries great value. I totally agree with her suggestion. The power of 100 is a yoga journey, it doesn't matter which type. Nobody said that it has to be the same exact 26 yoga postures every day. I can spice it up, change a style here and there... Like she said, my body and my true self would love me for it... They sure would, even though I am their favorite guy even now. However, another tenant of this building that I call "ME", would love me for it as well. He would REALLY love me for it. Spice it up, change, something else, different, those are his favorite dishes... My body and my true self would love me for it, sure, but they are not in danger if I continue down the same path. They are quiet tenants who live in a one bedroom apartment and they don't ask for much. They just exist... My other tenant, is quite different. He lives large, in a penthouse overlooking everything and everybody. He actually owns the building most of the time. This tenant can't wait for me to do this. To serve him his favorite dishes... He is actually threatened by the path that I am walking on. He already lost a battle, so he has to get the upper hand again. He wants the keys to the building again.... 
Well I am actually trying to rent that penthouse to my true self and my body... I am preparing a small studio in the basement for my mind... 26 same postures, every day, never change... That is the elevator to the basement....


Like meditation... Always the same thing, sitting on the floor focusing on the breath. Thats all.... Never changes... Simple and clear... The easiest thing to do, but at the same time the hardest thing to do. Our mind wants to move, to spice it up, to change... Every day meditation makes the mind weaker, less in control... Why...? Because meditation is a dish that our mind can't stand. It is a dish that contains special ingredient which drives the mind crazy.... In meditation a word "boring" doesn't exist... It can't exist because the main ingredient of meditation is NOW.... 



1 comment:

  1. Substitute Bikram for a different yoga class once in a while! You'll still do yoga every day for 100 days...but who said it had to be the same 26 postures? Spice it up...your body AND your true self will love you for it.

    ReplyDelete